Bill and regulation tracking
Want to know the status of current proposed compounding policy in your state? Visit Compounders Stateside: State-Level Monitoring here for the latest. We update our reporting weekly.
State-by-state issue compilations
For APC members only, APC provides two compilations of state legislation or regulation related to compounding. Both were created in collaboration with the National Alliance of State Pharmacy Associations and funded by a generous grant from the IACP Foundation.
Because these are members-only resources, you’ll need your APC log-in and password to access them.
- Compilation of State-Adopted USP 795, 797, and 800 Rules
- Compounding for Office Use and Veterinary Office Use State-by-State Resource
Contacts at the U.S. state boards of pharmacy
Stark and Anti-Kickback Updates
“Changes to Stark and the Anti-Kickback Statute” by Brown and Fortunado, PC.
- Constructive Transfer: 2021 Update (1-page PDF)
- David Pore’s 2012 article in the International Journal of Pharmaceutical Compounding (6-page PDF)
“FD&C Act Provisions that Apply to Human Drug Compounding”
Sales-tax permits and nonprescription drugs
Do you still have to file sales-tax permits in each state for nonprescription drugs or supplements?
The folks at TaxJar have looked into this question and compiled a state-by-state list.
And here are two additional resources worth checking out:
- TaxJar’s listing of states where dietary supplements are tax exempt or taxed at a lower rate
- The Federation of Tax Administration’s chart on state sales tax rates and food and drug exemptions (PDF)
State-by-state e-prescribing trackers
Here are two organizations’ tracking resources on state laws and regulation on e-prescribing
Both give the same info, just the interfaces are different.
- From Surescripts: EPCS Readiness: Which States Lead the Charge?
- From MD Toolbox: E-Prescribing Mandate State Laws